The properties of the carbon-fluorine bond, together with high molecular weight, endow Teflon with a set of exceptional properties:
- Temperature range:-200ºC a + 250ºC
- Resistance to most chemical products, only fluorine derivatives, fluorine itself and fused alkaline metals are able to attack Teflon.
- Low coefficient of friction.
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Good mechanical properties
- Resistant to ageing
- Aseptic, does not contaminable the fluid.
Gaskets manufactured using this material is employed in a wide range of applications due to this inert condition and cleanliness: the food industry, drinking water, the pharmaceutical, electrical, agricultural and construction industries etc.
In function of use, the material (PTFE) may be combined with graphite, glass or bronze etc, which improves its mechanical strength.